If the work can be done on normal computers then there was no need to install edge computing devices in the industry. No need to put a lot of money into edge computing. Just buy normal computers and start operating the industry through it. But the question is a normal computer is capable of handling SCADA or IoT systems in it. The answer is no, it can’t even run when these heavy systems will work. It will be crashed immediately right after the start. That is why it is important to have edge computing devices in the industry.
So, the industry can be monitored easily. With the help of the SCADA system or IoT. And, most importantly these computers are built-in that way. So, that it can operate in critical conditions of the industry. Where a normal computer can’t even start. That is why it is important to have edge computing devices in the industry rather than normal computers.
What are the features of edge computing?
There are many features of edge computing
- Share data through folders or files.
- Fewer efforts needed in program development.
- 2 operating systems can be run simultaneously.
- 120 slave stations can be connected easily.
- It can run from 0 to 55 °C.
- Shock resistant from 0 to 2000 m* 9 * 10
- For cooling the fan can operate from -25 to 70 °C.
- Multiple ports for the different purpose use.
- Manage high-end systems like SCADA and IoT.
Built to be rugged and work in critical conditions
The main purpose of edge computing that it can work in such an environment that a normal computer can’t. That is why it is built to be rugged and can work in a critical environment. Like it can easily work in 0 to 55 °C temperature. Also, it is made dustproof so, that nothing can damage the system. It’s the outer shell and inner components are made in such a way that can easily handle the industry environment.